In today’s internet savvy world, getting information regarding a product or service means logging on to Google, Yahoo or Bing & start typing your requirements. The conventional methods of accessing information have been changed drastically. Similarly, new product marketing techniques have been developed by companies to target internet users. Most of the large companies now spend a big chunk of their marketing budget on Internet marketing. This leaves small home grown companies vulnerable in front of giant vultures of world. The companies who build their reputation in neighborhood for niche products and market are now facing competition from the companies operating from other states or some time from other countries. Amazon.com is an example of this phenomenon. Now a buyer can compare thousands of products before making any actual purchase and that too, from the comfort of his home. But there are some exception too, a small French bookbinder on the verge of closure used the power of internet and is now selling its famous notebook ‘Moleskine’ all over the world. Here are few tips for small companies to boost their business through the help of internet:
1. Build a Website: Open up to the vast world out there, expand your reach and your customers without spending too much on marketing.
2. Start building your presence: Start a blog, Facebook page, speak up on twitter, show your work on Pinterest, join online communities and start attracting customers.
3. Focus on your Website: Start optimizing your website for search engines like Google. Make your website attractive to its visitors and search engines alike.
4. Keep patience: The key to success in World Wide Web is having patience. Building your reputation takes time. Collect testimonials from your clients and let them speak through your website, blog or social media account.
5. Use your competitors for your benefit: Suggest yourself as an alternative to the unhappy customers of your competitor company. Sites like Yelp are great source for searching prospective clients.
Your right efforts will bring fruit sooner than later and the increasing customer base will lead you company towards the glorious path of growth. But if you are a novice in the field of internet marketing and SEO, then search for Search Engine Optimization companies on Google and hire one that is near you.