At Alltech Networks, we're always working towards creating awareness about best possible ways to start a successful online business. We often provide our customers with valuable tips & tricks to educate them about Website Designing and Search Engine Promotion process.
Proper planning and implementation of ideas is required to build a successful website. Hard work and extensive research starts from the very beginning. A good domain name for your business is as important as other aspects of website design. Few points to remember while selecting a Domain Name are as follows:
- Always try to register Top Level Domain (TLD) for your website. Most of the non-tech literates are only familiar with .com, .net and .org domain extensions.
- If TLD is not available for your preferred choice of Domain Name or you want to target local audience, then it great to select Country Coded TLD. For example .co.uk is ccTLD for regional visitors in the UK
- It's not advisable to use dashes or underscore in the domain name. A domain name www.mywebsite.com is easier to remember then www.my_website.com or www.my-website.com.
- Make sure that your domain registrar provide access to your domain name with or without www.
- Use your own contact information for whois database while registering domain name .
- Use of keywords or your products name in domain name helps you attract traffic to your website.
- Always try to register domain name for longer period (usually five years or more). As search engines rate your domain according to its registered life.
- Do ensure that the domain your are going to purchase was not black listed (for spamming or some other reasons) in the past by search engines. As its difficult to gain search engine ranking for these types of penalized domain names.
- In case of multiple product range or to serve different web platforms, its good to register subdomains like m.mysite.com or product1.mysite.com before hand.